Friday, July 24, 2009

Dunk a Youth Pastor!


A couple Saturdays ago, our group of youth pastors in Fayette County did an event together which they called "FULLY ALIVE". The idea was to have something fun to do in the summer, yet something to keep spiritual fires burning. So we had inflatable games, food (of course), worship, a speaker (we recommend Nikita Koloff, former WWF wrestler!), and the highlight of the day - the Youth Pastor Dunk Tank. What was great about this was that all of us have developed relationships to the point where we all felt comfortable getting in that crazy thing and even made a point to dunk each other. It was great! I guess it's just one more way to see that youth ministry is FUN! But, even truer, doing youth ministry TOGETHER is WAY FUN! Until you fall into that cold, nasty water for the 10th time. :)

Pictured here is Ron Hudson, youth pastor at Calvary Baptist Church in Uniontown. We want to say a special thanks to Matt Swenglish and Abundant Life Church, where Matt is the youth pastor, for hosting this great event for us!

1 comment:

Nick Arnold said...

Hey Travis. I just found your blog today and it's the first blog I ran into that focuses primarily on networking youth ministries. I think this is great and I'll have to link to some of your stuff! It goes right along with what I'm trying to write as well.

My church and some others in the area have done many events together, including youth groups and campus outreaches. Your Teens For Christ network website has given me some great ideas! :)