Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Frustrations with the church

Among many frustrations that one could mention about churches, the one that gets me the most is that nearly all churches/denominations function as if they are the only church that God is using or cares about. I know most churches wouldn't say they feel that way, but I noticed it again today. A church I work with is making plans as if there are no other churches in their community and I have to say, that is frustrating. Of course, I have not walked in those people's shoes, and I believe that God does bless some churches and not others in ways that that I don't understand. I'm just weary of the idea that what our church is doing is all that matters. There is a great big body of Christ out there and we should all care about what is good for the entire body, not just our little chunk of it. I apologize for the rant, but I believe God has great blessings in store for churches who want to be a blessing to the other churches around them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Travis.I totaly agree with your post.I have had personal experience with this matter.There are good in all denominations.I believe that God has blessings for everyone, not just a select few.God bless you brother!

Donna said...

Hey Travis. I seriously agree with this being a huge problem in churches. Could you imagine if we all took the idea that we are one body serving God together? We could accomplish amazing things for families!!

Jess said...

Travis....


Have you been picking my brain?