Thursday, December 21, 2006

recommended reading


I just finished reading the book "Presence-Centered Youth Ministry" by a guy I know, Mike King. It's a great book and I'd highly recommend it to youth leaders looking for something fresh for their youth ministries. Youth ministry typically consists of fun stuff, big events, worships bands, etc..., but Mike King throws a new wrench into the works - ancient Christian practices. I never thought these things could be part of youth ministry, but then again, I had never heard of a lot of these ideas from believers in ages past.

I also just finished listening to a cd from the Youth Specialties convention by the Dare 2 Share guy, Greg Stier. Man, that was good stuff. He's got a new book out now which his talk on the cd was based on - Ministry Mutiny. I think I'll be getting that one.

No comments: